FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Update on Olivetta (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Update on Olivetta
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Olivia, one of the Hatrack regulars, was with her mother when her mother did yesterday morning just before 11 am. The funeral will be held this Friday in her hometown in Tennessee.

Olivia is with her siblings, her husband, and her two young sons, so there is a lot of love going around where she is. I'm sure she would still appreciate messages of support and goodwill, although it may be awhile before she replies or logs in here.

Her email is oliviaf@bellsouth.net, and the thread she started when her mother went into the ICU is Pray for me.

[ August 25, 2004, 11:21 AM: Message edited by: Sara Sasse ]

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
(PS: This is CT under me own name, but that's for another thread. [Wave] Keep Olivia in your thoughts, guys -- it will be tough time for her and a real time of change. She might need space or a dogpile of good friends, Telperion-style. I'm sure she will let us know.

All the best. [Smile] )

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
I will keep her whole family in my prayers...peace to them all. I am glad she was able to be with her mom. [Group Hug]

(Good to see you, Sara)

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

(hi, romanylass)

Should anyone want to send flowers or a note -- which is certainly not expected, although the question often arises in a setting like this -- the funeral home is under the name "Tetrick" in Elizabethton, Tennessee.

Switchboard Yellow Pages has a few listings for "Tetrick Funeral Home." I imagine they are all affiliated, though it might be worth a call before sending anything. Olivia's mother's name was Anne Peters.

Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Olivet, I'm so sorry. You know that we're here if you need us.

((Olivet))

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad she was able to be with her mom. Olivia and her family are in my thoughts.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
*sends good thoughts to Olivet during this difficult time*

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Sara -- some funeral homes have on-line sites where you can post a note to the family via e-mail, for those too far away to attend, etc. Do you know if this funeral home has that?

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Aw, man. [Frown]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

Farmgirl, I went looking, and I think that this page might be what you are looking for.
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
While I'm saddened on behalf of Olivia and her family, I'll admit I chuckled a little bit at the post -- perhaps giddiness from CT's presence. The first sentence sounds like it could have been Olivia who died, rather than her mother. Following that with
quote:
Olivia is with her siblings, her husband, and her two young sons, so there is a lot of love going around where she is. I'm sure she would still appreciate messages of support and goodwill, although it may be awhile before she replies or logs in here
made it a little funnier. Sorry -- been in a weird mood lately, so I find funny in the strangest places. Hope this doesn't offend.

(((Olivet & Family)))

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Pop!!! You're back! We missed you!

Sara, thank you for posting this. I've been thinking of Olivia lately, and if she doesn't see this, let her know she has our love.

[ August 25, 2004, 11:19 AM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for letting us know! I'd been wondering how things were going.

*lots of love and comfort for Olivette and her family*

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Sara,

Thanks. I don't see her mom's name listed yet on the obits, but maybe they just haven't posted it. I suppose I could go ahead and send a note before they do....

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

Edited for clarity, as grammar can be a beast at times. Thanks, Papa Moose. Out of respect for you, I will use no smilies in this post.

But I'll think them. Really hard.

(The good, friendly ones, that is! Didn't want you to think I was thinking of the "mack-smilie")

[ August 25, 2004, 11:43 AM: Message edited by: Sara Sasse ]

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I never know what to say or do when a friend has a death in the family. [Frown]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

I know, Jamie, it's hard. Trying to figure out what to say just underscores how ineffective language can be at capturing emotions and meaning.

The little gifts of presence matter (attending the funeral, dropping off food), as do the cards that just say "I'm sorry for your loss. I'll be thinking about you. Let me know if I can do anything," or something like that. Even when what you can do feels inadequate, remember that dealing with the death of a loved one is something we all go through, and we often do it many times in our individual lives. It's a part of the human experience. So most people understand that you wish you could do or say something profound-er, or somehow make it right, and so they understand what is behind the simple inadequate words, too.

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Farmgirl, it may take a while.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Sara, do you have Olivia's mailing address? I have it but it's locked up in my dead computer.
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

Her home address? Not handy with me. I'm working out a way to attend the funeral, though, and when I check with her, I'll ask.
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Sara, thanks for letting me know.

Prayers being said. I never got to meet Olivia's mother, but my heart is very sad right now imagining the pain my dear friend is going through.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

I have it, I'll email you.
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Belle, can you e-mail it to me as well? Dan and I would like to send a card.
Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Me too?
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

Let me know if you don't get it - I'm going to be gone for a while on some errands, if anyone else needs the address either email me or mack or dkw or Vana - I'll check back in later.

I called her, she sounded okay, considering, they are at the funeral home working out the details of the arrangements.

[ August 25, 2004, 11:59 AM: Message edited by: Belle ]

mackillian
Member # 586

Thanks.
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Olivia)))))

(((Sara)))

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Your in our thoughts and prayers, Olivia. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Dagonee

[ August 25, 2004, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: Dagonee ]

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs love and support to you and Olivia*
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Could someone please email the address information to me as well?
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Olivia & Family)))))

If it wouldn't be to much trouble, I'd like her home address as well.

Thanks!

: wave : Sara

[ August 25, 2004, 02:57 PM: Message edited by: Tammy ]

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry for your loss, Olivia. [Frown]
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Olivia & Family))))) [Group Hug]
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I never know what to say or do when a friend has a death in the family.
Amen!

I am a total social idiot under the best of circumstances and there is nothing like a death or a serious illness to bring that message home. I have no idea what to do or say.

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

"I'm so sorry. I love you. I'm here if you need me."

And then call again in a month when the flowers have died and the numbness has started to wear off.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
My condolences to Olivia and her family. [Frown]

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
My thoughts are with you, Olivia. Strength and love and sad smiles.
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Olivia))),
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Olivia))) [Frown]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

quote:
I have no idea what to do or say
If you are in person, nothing says it better than a hug, and sometimes silence....

We all hurt with you and for you, Olivia..

Farmgirl

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I am so very sorry, Olivia. Relish your memories of her.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Our thoughts are with you, and our prayers, Olivetta...

Kwea and JenniK

[ August 25, 2004, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Olivia,

I empathize, and deeply, with what you're going through. I'm very, very glad that you have your family around you for support.

Take care of yourself.

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
It's not goodbye. [Smile]
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Olivia)))
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AmkaProblemka
Member # 6495

- posted      Profile for AmkaProblemka   Email AmkaProblemka         Edit/Delete Post 
Olivia and family,

May you feel the comfort of the loved ones around you. Thoughts and prayers your way.

Ami

Posts: 438 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Olivia and family,

You are in my thoughts and prayers too.

- Bob

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lime
Member # 1707

- posted      Profile for Lime   Email Lime         Edit/Delete Post 
((Olivia))

You have our prayers as well.

Posts: 753 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Olivia says that she doesn't have internet access so she can't respond to e-mails, but she can read them on her phone, and she's very grateful. The service is Friday night and the graveside service is Saturday morning. She's very grateful for the love shown by everyone. [Smile]
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Olivia, I am so very sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.