FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » ClaudiaTherese is gone... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: ClaudiaTherese is gone...
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
...as well as all of CT's postings of the past four weeks
[Frown] sigh... [Frown]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
REALLY?
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
Gone?
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
o_O And every thread she posted in, or am I wrong?
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Irami Osei-Frimpong
Member # 2229

- posted      Profile for Irami Osei-Frimpong   Email Irami Osei-Frimpong         Edit/Delete Post 
?

CT?

------

Whoever angered CT, fix it. [Mad]

[ August 22, 2004, 02:38 PM: Message edited by: Irami Osei-Frimpong ]

Posts: 5600 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Holy crap - where'd she go?
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] [Cry] [Frown]
Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
aspectre appears to be correct. I'm assuming she left because she felt her or her husband had been insulted.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

I don't know - I thought that was all fixed.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] [Frown]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Irami, if CT is leaving because of what was said on this forum, then I don't know that I am sympathetic to her leaving. As far as I could tell, nothing inappropriate was said to her or her husband on this forum.

But maybe I missed something. Dunno. If someone finds out what's going on, please do let us know. Maybe someone sent her a nasty email or something, in which case I am fully behind dishing out an internet ass kicking.

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
By what? By who?

What the hell?

Come back, CT! There's so much left unsaid between us... So much hitting on left to do...

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Maybe something happened we don't know about. [Frown]
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
CT leaving? That's just...inconceivable. It won't be the same without her. Come back, CT!!
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm hoping not, but there are many postings under her member# which are missing today but were there a couple of days ago.
As well as threads in which Jatraqueros address responses directly to Claudia, ClaudiaTherese, or CT, with no previous postings by CT still remaining in the thread.

[Frown] sigh... [Frown]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

May be. [Frown]
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
There's still hope.

But if not... [Cry] [Frown]

Hobbes [Smile]

[ August 21, 2004, 10:39 AM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Well, it would be too hard to find and erase all those past posts...easier just to do the most recent.
Hobbes
Member # 433

Yes, but there's still hope. [Mad] [Frown]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Hobbes that post was from 2003. If she did a search by her most recent posts to systematically delet them that one wouldn't have gotten caught.

Right now my hopes are pinned on Tom and Christy.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Is Kat/Tom/AJ up to her/his old tricks again?

Sorry - lame attempt to lighten the mood. [Frown]

Hobbes
Member # 433

But I think it means that her username hasn't been deleted, just her most recent posts. *holds out*

Hobbes [Smile]

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Is that something that can be done persoally, or do you have to request it from the mods?
Hobbes
Member # 433

I would think you'd have to request it... which means it couldn't be done on short notice. But remember, it's hasn't been done yet! [Frown]

[EDIT: That last smilie was indictive of my mood, not a reaction to what I'd just said.]

Hobbes [Smile]

[ August 20, 2004, 10:22 PM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

I understand, Hobbes. I hope she comes back, too.
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
*worries*
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope CT returns soon. I would miss her terribly if she stayed away.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't understand. If CT was upset wouldn't she say something? And her hubby was getting all kinds of great welcomes in his thread where he unnecessarily apologized for HIS snippy attitude in some other thread.

I'm just perplexed by a reaction this sudden and this drastic. I mean, how many people have gotten angry here and systematically started deleting their posts? That just doesn't sound like CT.

And I'll be really upset if she does leave. She was one of the first people to welcome me here.. If she goes, it just won't be Hatrack for me anymore. [Cry]

I wonder if maybe she just realized (with her husband's help) that she was spending too much time here???

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

See, I'm thinking there's more to this, too.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

If she were spending too much time, I think she'd say goodbye.

I'm hoping there's a hacker involved.

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Did you read Banna's last post in the "baleeted" thread?
AmkaProblemka
Member # 6495

- posted      Profile for AmkaProblemka   Email AmkaProblemka         Edit/Delete Post 
It can be very difficult to have an unpopular view here. Some people get personal, and some people take things personally that aren't meant that way.

It was probably a combination of time and emotional involvement that they decided was best spent elsewhere.

She should do what is best for her, but I am sad to see all the posts deleted.

Posts: 438 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AmkaProblemka
Member # 6495

- posted      Profile for AmkaProblemka   Email AmkaProblemka         Edit/Delete Post 
Dagonee -

Some people feel it is too attention grabbing to post a goodbye thread, and they simply leave. Some people are irritated by the impersonal "Sorry you are leaving" remarks when they know that within a short time they will probably be forgotten.

Posts: 438 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, it doesn't seem like CT to leave without saying something. I could see her fading out for awhile--all of us who have been here for awhile do that from time to time--but to delete her posts from a bunch of threads and just disappear? Seems odd. Really odd.

Tom? Christy? You guys hang out with CT in real life--any idea what's going on?

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe it's a strange glitch. *has several reasons why I don't want her to leave*
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DocCoyote
Member # 5612

- posted      Profile for DocCoyote   Email DocCoyote         Edit/Delete Post 
I value CT's posts greatly. I wish I had said so out loud. Claudia-Therese, if you're listening or lurking, please don't go away. You are important to us.

I don't know you in person. I wish I did.

Posts: 230 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!]

Did I miss something? I thought everything was going to be OK.... so many people were saying nice things about her husband, wanting him to come back.... I wish I understood what happened. I can't imagine Hatrack without Sara. [Frown]

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

[Frown] Me either. Well, no, I can. None of us are here permenantly, and I've seen a lot of people that I thought of as fixtures of Hatrack disappear. I never like it when it happens, but what can you do.

One thing though--I feel like I know Sara pretty well, for a person I've never actually met, and one of the things that I respect about her is her finely tuned ability to sense what needs to be done, and to then do it. If she has decided to leave I can't help but think that it must be the right thing for her to do, difficult as it may be for us to wrap our minds around. I'll miss her presence here, but I completely support her if she has decided that leaving is the thing to do.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

That is a good point, Noemon. Her absence at the moment may have to do with loyalty to David, and I respect that. CT is very loyal.
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] [Frown] [Frown]
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

And wise. You're right that it may be a loyalty issue. The other day she was saying something about the importance of recognizing the things that could drive a wedge between onesself and one's partner. If she saw Hatrack as a potential wedge, she was wise to leave.
beverly
Member # 6246

I just tried emailing her. Her account is not accepting mail. [Cry]
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I will miss her well thought out posts, and her wonderful generous nature.

I hope it isn't permenante, but one way or another it seems like it was an overeaction...if this is what really happened.

When I left for work it looked as if it was all cool, even with the people who were most offended. I was looking forward to discussing his views with him, once the uproar had settled down a bit.

One of the best things about Hatrack is, IMO, the fact that so many of us here are from different walks of life, and even though we disagree on issues, sometimes violently so, most of us halfle it pretty well. I have even seen some people start out here as semi-trolls, but come around in the end, and that is a first for any place on-line that I have visited.

I thought CT understood (and liked) that about Hatrack too.

I really hope you change your mind and explain why you did this, is it is something you did yourself.

And I know I am not the only one who will miss you...

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Is Tom posting?
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, this makes me realize how tenuous our relationships really are. [Frown] If my computer didn't work tomorrow, I'd never hear from a large percentage of you again.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Well, even if he is, I think he's unlikely to respond, for two reasons--first, Tom is kind of like a cat, in that the more you want him to respond to you, the less likely he is to do so. Second (and much more seriously), since CT has deleted her posts and set her email to block incoming messages, I can only assume that she would also ask her real life friends not to discuss with us what's going on--she's making it very clear that that isn't something that she wants to have shared.

It's sad, but I think that all we can do is let her go, and hope that at some point she chooses to return.

Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
::cries herself to sleep::

What, you think I'm kidding? I've been here damn near five years (pardon the language, but I'm feeling pretty strong about this right now) and there are few people I've found as consistently good, witty, nice, willng to listen, and flat-out brilliant as CT. Meeting her in person (granted, that was a couple years ago) was phenomenal. Words fail me. I am truly saddened by this news.

I hope she (and misterboy, though I haven't had the opportunity to get to know him at all, which might just set off another diatribe, but I'll spare you [Wink] ) returns when she's ready to face all of us again. Hatrackers can be a daunting bunch, as well we all know. I hope things are alright, and I hope they get better.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
I feel pretty bad, actually. It's not very long ago that I asked CT to help out a friend of mine with a medical opinion/recommendation, and I've given nothing back but breathless flirting and endless compliments which, while true, are diluted by their sheer volume. Gawd.

Come to think on it, what have any of us done for her? Jesus, we're a bunch of ingrates.

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Nah, I don't think so Lalo. We've been friends.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.