FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Best Wishes for Dagonee! (Rob) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Best Wishes for Dagonee! (Rob)
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know that I will be on-line tomorrow to say "CONGRATS" once you tie the knot -- so wanted to start a thread today wishing you and your soon-to-be-wife the best of everything.

What are the big plans for today? Any bachelor parties? Last minute nerves? Where are you going for your honeymoon?

Farmgirl

[ July 30, 2004, 09:27 AM: Message edited by: Farmgirl ]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you! This is probably my last bit of Hatracking until August 15.

The itinerary:

Today:
  • Haircut at 11:00.
  • Lunch with Eve's friends from Ohio at noon.
  • Prepare for rehearsal party (it's a pool party at the hotel), and everyone's invited.
  • Rehearsal at 6:00
  • Rehearsal party until ???
  • There's no bachelor party, but one of the groomsmen is threatening "something" at the rehearsal party. He's the one that will be foot-washing. [Smile]
Tomorrow:
  • Arrive at church at 11:00
  • Pictures of the men at 11:30.
  • Cermony at noon.
  • Pictures of the women and mixed from about 12:50 to 1:30
  • Lunch somewhere.
  • Nap.
  • Reception at 6:00
  • Champagne toast at 7:00
  • Dinner at 7:05
  • Party until midnight
Afterwards:
  • Leave for the airport at 4:45 Sunday morning.
  • 2 weeks in St. Maarten
  • Leave the next day for school [Frown]
  • Marital bliss [Smile]
I can't believe how happy I am. The only nerves I have are about messing up during the wedding. I have got to be the luckiest man in the world!
Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck, Dagonee!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay, Dag! It's going to be so much fun. Just remember, every wedding as something go caterwhompus. It's part of the fun! If they were perfect, they'd be boring. And since the room will be filled with people that love you, it only serves to endear you more to them.

Maybe I'm only saying this because I stepped on my slip on my way up to the alter.

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Leave for the airport at 4:45 Sunday morning.
2 weeks in St. Maarten
Leave the next day for school
Marital bliss

Um, Dag? I have a feeling that the marital bliss will occur earlier in this list, like somewhere shortly after the "Leave for airport at 4:45" part.

Duh.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations and good luck!
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

quote:
Party until midnight
(I don't know how to do the UBB bullet thing)

Oh! This is the part I want to come to! Is it a dance?

Don't overdo yourself at the party -- that flight is really EARLY the next day -- heck, you may not even sleep between the party and the flight...

Farmgirl

[ July 30, 2004, 09:48 AM: Message edited by: Farmgirl ]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

"Maybe I'm only saying this because I stepped on my slip on my way up to the alter."

Oh my goodness! I SO stepped on my slip on the way to the altar! Then broke into a nervous sweat, even though my heel came loose at just the right moment!

Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
[The Wave]

WOo-HOo! Congratulations! Have a wonderful time!

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

quote:
Um, Dag? I have a feeling that the marital bliss will occur earlier in this list, like somewhere shortly after the "Leave for airport at 4:45" part.

Duh.

Hmmm. I thought this was another type of bliss.

quote:
Oh! This is the part I want to come to! Is it a dance?
Typical wedding - cheesy DJ, open bar, lots of fun in general. Can you get here by tomorrow? [Smile]

Thanks everybody! I'm outta here.

Dagonee

[ July 30, 2004, 10:13 AM: Message edited by: Dagonee ]

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, dude! Totally forgot this was tomorrow!

congrats! and happy honeymoon!

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! *high-five*
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh - here's to the happy couple.

May their marriage be long, fruitful and loving.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Go Dagster!
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!!!!
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, Dagonee [The Wave]
Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

(Even though he said, "I'm outta here," I'll bet money that he'll check Hatrack again before the wedding tomorrow -- he won't be able to resist.....)

FG [Big Grin]

dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
The church where Bob and I are getting married has a computer lab and wireless internet in the lounge. I'm not taking bets that we won't be checking Hatrack after pictures while we're waiting for the ceremony to start.

Nope, not addicted at all.

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Best wishes to you and your bride, my friend! Sorry I didn't get around to posting this sooner.

[Party]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hat] Best wishes for a long and happy life together.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Berg
Member # 133

- posted      Profile for Richard Berg   Email Richard Berg         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats! Post a Mapquest link if the open bar is getting lonely [Smile]
Posts: 1839 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Have a wonderful wedding and honeymoon!!!

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, and here's to a life time of joy.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
*Lights an imaginary cigar and shares it with Dagonee*

I don't smoke but sharing a good cigar seems like a manly camraderie sort of thing.

Wishing you and your kick*ss bride a wonderful ceremony and a bliss filled honeymoon.

[Party]

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratz and good luck.

We are going to miss your old Republican heiney around here.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, Dagonnee!

Now I have to find someone else to argue with while you're gone, and you'll be too relaxed when you get back...

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! Have a great wedding and honeymoon. May your marriage be blessed.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats to Rob and Eve! [Smile]

May the wedding be wonderful, and the marriage long and happy. And while there are no life-roads that are bump-free, may all the bumps you two face in your life ahead be small ones.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Have a fantastic, wonderful and AMAZING day!

And honeymoon of course.

Best of luck - enjoy yourselves! [Big Grin] [Smile] [Big Grin]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Holy crap, it's tomorrow?

Rock ON, dude! Don't trip!

Bwa ha ha.

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

quote:
(Even though he said, "I'm outta here," I'll bet money that he'll check Hatrack again before the wedding tomorrow -- he won't be able to resist.....)
Ack - am I that obviously an addict? [Smile] Had until 10:00 to sleep, but woke up early, so thought I'd get a quick fix.

Thanks a lot everybody.

*sniff* I love you guys! *sniff*

Dagonee
P.S., The groom gets to enter from the back of the Church - much less distance to trip in.

P.P.S. Did I just jinx myself?

sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Dag,

(said supportively)

Get out of here and start getting ready for one of the biggest days of your life! [Razz]

See ya in a couple of weeks. [Wave]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, Dag! [Smile] Hope you have a great time.
Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Now I'm really gone. Rakeesh and Mabus, I'm counting on you to keep the cabal in line. [Taunt]

Dagonee
*If I start getting ready to early, I sweat too much before the wedding.

TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy trails Dag. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Dag is now a married man.

Whoo wheee!!

Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, Dag, wherever you are ! (sleeping, according to your posted schedule [Big Grin] )
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DocCoyote
Member # 5612

- posted      Profile for DocCoyote   Email DocCoyote         Edit/Delete Post 
Guess you'll read our best wishes when you get back then! Truly, prayers and good thoughts for your life with your chosen. She sounds like a perfect match!

GREAT BEACHES IN ST. MAARTEN!!!

Posts: 230 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insanity Plea
Member # 2053

- posted      Profile for Insanity Plea   Email Insanity Plea         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!
two week awesome vaca...wow, luckiness.
Enjoy! I wish you the best!
Satyagraha

Posts: 359 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Dag! We miss you already!

Have the best wedding and honeymooon ever. You and your lovely Eve totally deserve it!!

[Big Grin]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!!!
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
woo! [Party]
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Yippie! Hooray for marital bliss!
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Can't believe I missed this. Hope it went well!
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boothby171
Member # 807

- posted      Profile for Boothby171   Email Boothby171         Edit/Delete Post 
Excennelt!

And Excellent!, too!

And...woot!

[Party]

--Steve

Posts: 1862 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Greetings from CyberCafe in St. Maarten! Wedding was great, reception was great, and honeymoon is great so far.

Thanks for all the well-wishing. I'll be back in in 9 days.

Dagonee
(Ditto from Eve!)

P.S. Free tip of the day: Even 8-hour sunscreen must be reapplied before going back out after lunch. Tomorrow: why we like lidocaine.

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, lobsters on honeymoon, eh? [Wink]

Have fun, guys! [Smile]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't get a chance to wish you well, Dag so I'll just congratulate you!

Have a great time, and may your marriage be blessed.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

I knew it! I knew he couldn't resist checking in!

[Big Grin]
FG

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.