FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Pun Smackdown VIII: A cheap reproduction (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Pun Smackdown VIII: A cheap reproduction
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
In honor of all the babies being born around here, and the kids born not that long ago, and the ones that have been born again -- birthin' puns. Well, more like puns about reproduction, cloning, pregnancy, the whole shootin' match.

I consider this thread my crowning achievement.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
We canal have a lot of fun.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jalapenoman
Member # 6575

- posted      Profile for Jalapenoman   Email Jalapenoman         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't like this thread idea. I think I'll just head out!
Posts: 279 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Uh, sorry, but you signed a contract, shun me not!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jalapenoman
Member # 6575

- posted      Profile for Jalapenoman   Email Jalapenoman         Edit/Delete Post 
Then I guess I hold my placenta thread and stay here.
Posts: 279 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Oh, vary well!
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
This thread should be seminal, if there isn't a breech of ettiquette.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jalapenoman
Member # 6575

The we should be happy to speak with one a cord!

(and I was about to type in a breech joke, just not fast enough I guess).

Jalapenoman
Member # 6575

was your beating me to the breech joke premature injection?
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Maybe we should adopt some ground rules to avoid all ova problems that result from dilate night puns.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

There's a vas differens between us.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

This Gy knows something.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Don't get teste about it.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I'll just sac you anyway, Dag.
Jalapenoman
Member # 6575

Let's not be premature with our comments. We can all be pro-creative here .
Jalapenoman
Member # 6575

Is anyone on here, by the way, posting their comments from a Pubic Library or from a Penile Colony?
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
I believe Bob has challenged us. Uterus, we respond.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

I know it is a bit tacky but I just realized that I have a new definition for sodomy, it's miss conception.

[ June 11, 2004, 07:26 AM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

"A cheap reproduction" Is this tantamount to a knockoff? I've always wondered where the term "knocking off a piece" came from.

[ June 11, 2004, 07:30 AM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Dagonee
Member # 5818

So, my trap has been sprung!

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

punwit
Member # 6388

You know, sometimes the effectiveness of a pun hinges on delivery. If you are too soon, premature, you lose impact and people mentally disregard your effort. I quess you could say premie puns are pruny.

[ June 11, 2004, 07:45 AM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, smack my butt and make me cry, this was a great idea Bob!
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Stick a stork in me, I'm done!
punwit
Member # 6388

I would have posted 'fore cep I went to bed early last night.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

You know, Shakespeare said some puns could be repeated in this thread: Once more into the breech, my friends!
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Hmm, this thread's been incubating while I was out getting my begat from the bakery.
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Now you've really got my zygote.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
I really wanted to sleep in the front of the ship, but all that was left was the after berth.

Hoo boy.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I had lots of fun with the last smackdown, but I think I'll give this one a wide birth.

I'll go labor away at something else for awhile.

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
I gestate my lunch, and y'all are making me nauseated with all this baby talk. Nobody here has gained much weight in my esteem, although I might as well make a clean breast of it: I love the fertile ground that Bob has provided.

The topic is pregnant with possibilities, and the puns are ripe for the plucking.

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

With a little help we can keep this thread kicking. It just needs nursing along. Hopefully it won't suck le.
sndrake
Member # 4941

quote:
I gestate my lunch, and y'all are making me nauseated with all this baby talk.
Well, stay away from the caesarian salad next time and maybe you won't get nauseated.
Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
I'll feed on my own schedule, sndrake, thank you very much. My bun's in the warmer, and you have no say-so about it. I can't even conceive of such cockiness.

Next time you want to offer an opinion on how I live my life, go implant that seed in someone else's garden. [Mad] [Mad] [Wave]

(BTW, that is a shaking fist *grr)

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

Well, I can see I cord have been a preemie bit hasty about this thread.

Well, lamazed as I am this is the case, it figures it would be CT who would make me see the light.

Everyone knows she's a Femme Natal.

sndrake
Member # 4941

Scientists have figured out why babies cry so hard after delivery.

It's disappointment.

See, when they first see the lights and sights during their delivery, their first thought is:

"At last, I'm getting a womb with a view."

sndrake
Member # 4941

It's getting so that groups are developing their own specialized vocabularies, leading to unnecessary confusion.

For instance, a large advocacy group had to issue an explanation and apology after issuing a flyer titled "In Support of Lechers."

Seems they were referring to breast-fed babies.

Seems to me the apology was useless - it's too much like crying over spilt milk.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately, there's no virgin territory left in this thread.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Political slogans like that are so formulaic. Seems it's the non-lechers who need our support.
sndrake
Member # 4941

Good idea, Dag. Let's put out the caul now!

It's just basic pubic relations strategy.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

This is like making hydrogen and oxygen from H20 -- you broke your water.
Jalapenoman
Member # 6575

I really don't think that this thread is Hatrack's crowning achievement.
BlueJacsFan
Member # 6590

- posted      Profile for BlueJacsFan   Email BlueJacsFan         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, but there's still more to come.
Posts: 159 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

If scientists ever make it so men can give birth, we'll have to legalize polygamy, and each father will have to get married to 3 women.

Otherwise he won't have a mid-wife.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Dang, I just read about the irish Potato Famine. It was so sad that so many people lacked taters.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Already this thread seems to be lasting for a maternity.
Jalapenoman
Member # 6575

Are you insinuating that a change of topic is overdue?
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
You need to come to term with it, Jalepenoman. Try C-ing it the way everyone else does.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SirReal
Member # 5257

- posted      Profile for SirReal   Email SirReal         Edit/Delete Post 
I believe that would be quite premature. With all of these cunning linguists around we could keep it UP for a Long time
Posts: 172 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

Sir! I'll ask you to please hold your tongue. Think of it as an oral contraceptive.
BlueJacsFan
Member # 6590

- posted      Profile for BlueJacsFan   Email BlueJacsFan         Edit/Delete Post 
See, I knew these folks would keep Trojan on.
Posts: 159 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.