FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hobbes! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hobbes!
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
How tall are you Hobbes?

I'm just curious.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megachirops
Member # 4325

- posted      Profile for Megachirops           Edit/Delete Post 
He's 2'6".

[ October 24, 2003, 12:09 AM: Message edited by: Megachirops ]

Posts: 1001 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, but I'm 11' long. [Razz]

Around 6'1", 6'2", I'm not sure. Why?

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Just curious. Thanks!

[Big Grin]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megachirops
Member # 4325

- posted      Profile for Megachirops           Edit/Delete Post 
She's setting you up with her cousin.

The ugly one.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 1001 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Shhh!! You're not supposed to TELL him!!

[No No]

JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think not knowing about the cousin will make the first meeting any better. If you don't tell him, he won't have ready all those great ways to say how much he likes her personality.

Personally, I think she's making a big stuffed tiger costume for Hobbes for Halloween!

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Yes, but I'm 11' long.
Hobbes! are you being dirty?
Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I think if we were to measure Hobbes's height with the magic measuring tape from Mary Poppins, it would say "practically perfect in every way."

Annie [Smile]

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

*wink wink nudge nudge say no more*

Annie, you're just going to have to wait and see if Hobbes likes my *coughreallyuglycough* cousin!! [Big Grin]

And Nato, yes. I think he was being dirty. [Wink]

Narnia
Member # 1071

PS Annie, love the sig! You're so cute!
Hobbes
Member # 433

That is, perhaps, the sweetest thing anyone has ever told me. And you can take out the perhaps. [Big Grin] [Cool] [Big Grin]

[Group Hug] [Kiss]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

*carefully extracts the "perhaps"*

[Kiss] [Kiss] [Kiss]

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

*stamps foot*

Ahem! COUSIN!!!

J/K dearies. You'll still never know why I asked how tall you are Hobbes. [Wink]

Hobbes
Member # 433

Should I be doing this: [Angst] or this: [Blushing] in anticipation of what you will do with that information?

While you're busy making up your mind I'll be doing this: [Kiss] Annie [Kiss]

[Cool]

Hobbes [Smile]

Narnia
Member # 1071

Just keep up the kissing and have no fear. The information was put to good use...for your good I might add. [Smile]
Hobbes
Member # 433

So you're saying I should be doing this: [Blushing] [Kiss] Annie [Kiss] [Blushing] ?

Cause that's what I planned on doing anyways. [Wink] [Big Grin] [Cool]

Hobbes [Smile]

Wetchik
Member # 3609

- posted      Profile for Wetchik   Email Wetchik         Edit/Delete Post 
You're 6'2"?

[Eek!]

[Grumble] *whines about tall people* [Grumble]

I'm only 5'8". [Embarrassed]
[Wink]

Posts: 354 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asQmh
Member # 4590

- posted      Profile for asQmh   Email asQmh         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! I'm 5'8" and I'm fine with that. ^_~

Q.

Posts: 499 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Hmm, I layed down on my floor which supposadly has one foot tiles (we measured a few of them). I think I'm around 6'1" and a a bit, my roommate claims I'm actually close to 6'3" but I think he's an idiot. [Wink] [Smile]

Hobbes [Smile]

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Your height (when standing) and your length (when lying down) are not the same.

You don't have a measuring tape, Hobbes? Tell me again what your major is? [Wink]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

*cough* Ummm... English? [Embarrassed]

[Wink] [Smile] I know it's pathetic, but at least I have duct-tape. [Smile]

Hobbes [Smile]

Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Awww...Q, you're two inches taller than me!

I guess it's okay that I'm shorter, since you're also taller than or the same height as my husband (depending on who you ask [Wink] ), and as it was I had to wear slippers for my wedding.

*looks around*

I'm sorry, what were we talking about again? I seem to have gotten confused.
[Confused] [Dont Know] [Confused]

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's how you find out how tall you are-dispense with digging up measuring tape and standing up straight, why interrupt good slouching?

Go to a convenience store. Near the door they'll have a measure, and depending on the store you'll either be 7'3'' or 4'9''. Problem solved.

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Buy a measuring tape. Add it to your list of things to buy the next time you're at the store. For a buck or two, it's a good investment.

Never mind not knowing your actual height. You might need to know the dimensions of something important. Like, how far it is from your doorway to your neighbor's down the hall.

Why would that be important? I don't know -- but I'm sure you'll need it eventually. [Big Grin]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I also have a question for Hobbes:

Are named after the tiger, the philosopher, for an entirely different reason or a combination of all three?

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

- posted      Profile for wieczorek   Email wieczorek         Edit/Delete Post 
I asked that exact ("exact" is only being used for emphasis [Wink] ) question. Hobbes, didn't you say something about a tiger on a wall? A painting, perhaps?
Posts: 667 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Actually, he is named after Hobbes, hindu god of good looks and charm.
Hobbes
Member # 433

My pet tiger is named after the Hobbes from Calvin and Hobbes, who is named after the philosopher. So all three. [Smile]

It was a picture of a picture of Hobbes that I showed you. [Smile]

Hobbes [Smile]

Hobbes
Member # 433

Annie! [Embarrassed] [Blushing] [Kiss]
[Kiss]
[Kiss]

Ohh what the heck, one more.

[Kiss] [Big Grin]

Hobbes [Smile]

Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
::searches vigorously for a vomiting smilie::
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Did I mention that this is my favorite thread?

[Kiss] Hobbesy [Kiss]

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
*sigh*
[Frown]
tall people...not fair....

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*sings* Short people got no reason to liive ♪
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Stop it Rivka!!!
You're mean!!!
[Frown]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
*sings* Short people got no reason to liive ♪
...except to laugh at tall people.
...or to threaten to chop tall people off at the knees.
...or to be human cannonballs.

I have more, but there are short people threads and you should ressurect them if you feel the need to vent about being short. Or tall. Or some other kind of freak. [Wink]

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

Hey, the hobbits are short, and they're cool.
Ender and Bean were short.
Lots of famouse people are short.

rivka
Member # 4859

Aww, sorry Eruve! I just think it's a funny song.

Actually, short people are a far more efficient use of resources than tall people. [Big Grin]

And I love short people! I have three of my own. [Wink]

Mormo
Member # 5799

- posted      Profile for Mormo           Edit/Delete Post 
Lots of famouse people are short--Eruve

BWHAHAhahahahahaa! [Laugh] [ROFL]

Posts: 327 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

Stop laughing at me!!! [Frown]

(took me a minute to get what you meant. I thought I spelled something wrong again [Wink] )

Narnia
Member # 1071

Wow, you go away for a day and the thread you started is out of control!! I love it! I myself am 6' tall in bare feet. This sucks, as I am a GIRL!! But, I deal...and hang out with other tall people...like...um...oh yeah!! Annie and Hobbes!! [Wink]
ana kata
Member # 5666

- posted      Profile for ana kata   Email ana kata         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, Narnia, it's very cool to be tall! I would love to be 6 feet tall! I always was tall for my age as a kid but then I guess I stopped growing before the others cause I'm sort of short now (5'5") though I don't feel short, really. I just have a hard time reaching stuff on the top shelf.

I had a friend who was ashamed of being tall and she would say she was 5'12". [Smile] But I think I would love it. It's just so handy. Except for flying on airplanes, of course, when it's nice to have short legs, particularly if you need to look out the window in order to keep from getting motion sick. [Smile]

Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Yeah, airplanes are sometimes physically painful. It's all in my legs. [Smile]

I have gotten better at accepting my height as part and parcel of the marvelous person that is ME. [Big Grin] I even wear heals and thick soles now cause they're just so much cuter. I just have to find a guy that's 6'4" so I can STILL wear tall shoes.

[ October 24, 2003, 09:26 PM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

ana kata - YOU feel short at 5'5"?
I'm 5' (5'2" on my driver's licence [Big Grin] )

[ October 24, 2003, 09:39 PM: Message edited by: Eruve Nandiriel ]

Annie
Member # 295

Once I lived with five roommates who were all 5'2" and under. At 5'9", I felt a little weird.
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm five four. Screw all you tall people!
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

Three cheers for short people!
Yay!
Yay!
Yay!
[Big Grin]

Hobbes
Member # 433

Wasn't this thread supposed to be about me? [Dont Know]

[Wink] [Big Grin] [Taunt] [Big Grin] [Wink]

Hobbes [Smile]

Annie
Member # 295

*makes this thread about Hobbes*
[Kiss]

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

*pats Hobbes on back*
yeah, but now it's about short people, too. [Big Grin]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.