FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » New members post here! (Page 18)

This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22   
Author Topic: New members post here!
Elise
Member # 7898

- posted      Profile for Elise   Email Elise         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,
My name is Elise. I live in a small town in the Netherlands. I am reading Orson Scott Card books for a long time now. I started with Zangersmeester (Songmaster). For no specific reason other than that I liked the cover. After that the rest. In the beginning in Dutch but because they are not translating anymore I read them in English now. My favourite is Pastwatch, I even have 2 copies of that one (don't ask).
OSC is not a very well known author in the Netherlands. Occasionally, I meet someone who has read Ender's game, but that's about it.
Other things to tell....I play percussion in two orchestra's (absolutely not professionally, but for the fun of making music). Another time-consuming hobby is playing board and card games. I think we (my husband and I) have approx. 150 different games and that number strangely still increases.

Posts: 7 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SmoG
Member # 7778

- posted      Profile for SmoG   Email SmoG         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi I'm SmoG

I like fantasy and science fiction, and Orson Scott Card is my current favorite author. I am one of those rebellious mormons that reads Card instead of Heimerdinger..... [ROFL]

I live in Utah, but my heart is in a compound in the asteroid belt, where little boys go to get their lives ruined.

I am new to Hatrack and , like many, found it through the Alvin Maker series' forwards. It looks like a fun site though, not like other fansites, but an official page. oooooooooo, officialllll.....

Anyway, I like women who appreciate a good joke, a good book, and good man. I enjoy long walks on the beach and NPR. Wait this isn't hotsaints.com!!!!!! (just kidding, i'm not Mormon [Razz] )

[ April 26, 2005, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: SmoG ]

Posts: 31 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silifi
Member # 7901

- posted      Profile for Silifi   Email Silifi         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm Silifi. No idea how I got that name.

I'm 17, live in Madison Wisconsin and currently working in the Gaming Industry as a writer and content designer.

Posts: 14 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hyperfried
Member # 7892

- posted      Profile for Hyperfried           Edit/Delete Post 
I'll just use papercrane's template. [Razz]

Name: Jonathan !@#$ (Anonymous, to a point.)
Race: Errr... American, for the most part. My background includes Polish, Czechoslovakian, Russian and Hungarian, however.
Citizenship: USA
Personality Type: Somewhat dark, maybe mysterious, you could say, around non-friends... Outgoing arounf friends.
Favorite subject: English, if we'd EVER get into writing... So I'll go with Science, I suppose.

Posts: 53 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sky_pager
Member # 7796

- posted      Profile for sky_pager   Email sky_pager         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all. I'm the anomonous Skypager, whom is bad at spelling and all other forms of grammer and refuses to spell check. Huge card fan I am. Seems like a nice community so I thought I'd join.
Posts: 9 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Moonshine
Member # 7893

- posted      Profile for Moonshine   Email Moonshine         Edit/Delete Post 
I prolly (probably) should have come here first. But naw...I jumped right in. I'm Ali and I'm 16 and the coolest girl in the world! Like superman only with the words cool and girl...
Posts: 46 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WorthingOG
Member # 7925

- posted      Profile for WorthingOG   Email WorthingOG         Edit/Delete Post 
What up y'all?
Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave] Welcome!
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StickyWicket
Member # 7926

- posted      Profile for StickyWicket   Email StickyWicket         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello. Welp that's done.
Posts: 128 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
Sticky wicket isn't cricket. [Smile]
Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
*bump*

lots of newbies lately. I wonder what is brining them all in?

Welcome!

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
S.M.I.L.E.
Member # 8152

- posted      Profile for S.M.I.L.E.   Email S.M.I.L.E.         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi I just joined up today though I have visited a few times, and I read the essays linked to on the Hatrack Home page pretty often. I am from Delaware. The books I have read that Mr. Card has written are; all of the Ender's Game/Shadow books and novelets, all of the Alvin Maker series, and Enchantment. I have also read his book, How to Write Science Fiction and Fantasy, and I am trying to use it.

Anyhow I finaly couldn't resit any more so I signed up to the forum. [Smile]

Posts: 9 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
My name is Troy and I'm 27 years old. I keep waiting for adulthood to kick in, but it ain't happening. I live alone in a small apartment where I spend a great deal of time working on my various projects. Art, writing, and lately, music. I like to argue with people on the internet, also. I come across as being pessimistic and curmudgeonly but in fact, deep down, I am nice.
Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King's Man
Member # 8147

- posted      Profile for King's Man   Email King's Man         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all. My name is Joshua, I am 19 and will be a Junior at the University of South Alabama this coming semester. I live near Mobile, Alabama and work as a phlebotomist at The children and women's hospital. I really enjoy the Ender books as well as the Alvin Maker series and hope to read more stuff by OSC soon.
Posts: 36 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I've been posting a bit here already, but I should introduce myself. I'm 21, I go to Cornell University in lovely Ithaca, NY and I'm a double major in City and Regional Planning and Religious Studies. Aside from OSC, I like Philip Pullman and other such sci fi/fantasy books. Woo. =)
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr J Vagabond
Member # 8017

- posted      Profile for Mr J Vagabond   Email Mr J Vagabond         Edit/Delete Post 
'ello everyone. Ive been around hatrack for a awhile, but haven't posted much. Introductio: names Jordan, I go to UC Berkeley studying English and Philosophy. As with everyone else here, I am an avid fan of OSC's writing. Like to write in my spare time, and now that its summer maybe i'll actualy have some of that, and more time for the boards. Seems like a great place and I'm glad to be here.
Posts: 13 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr. Evil
Member # 8095

- posted      Profile for Dr. Evil   Email Dr. Evil         Edit/Delete Post 
Made a few post already but WTH, I will give it a go using the above referenced template:

Name: Jared
Race: 5K
Citizenship: USA
Personality Type: Laughs a lot, cerebral (not my words either)
Favorite subject: Hmm, it has been so long, I will go with Math

Likes: golf, reading, hockey, sci-fi/fantasy, guitar, my family

Dislikes: When people say "aks" instead of "ask", reality TV, movies with nothing but special effects, double bogeys, bad scotch, short video games

Married, one son - 3 months old who is absolutely great (and so is my wife for that matter). I started reading OSC after a friend of mine gave me EG back in 1997. I have read it numerous times since I feel you can get so much more out of books if you re-read them.

Love the quality of posts on this board too. Legitimate discussions without people trying to hide behind their keyboards.

Posts: 117 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Wow! 40 years old and just having your first child! You're going to have great middle-age years! *grin*

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

- posted      Profile for Haloed Silhouette   Email Haloed Silhouette         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome!
Posts: 358 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm 29 years old, and live in Portland, Oregon. I have a Bachelor's in Theater (Do You Want Fries With That.) Having worked as an office manager and switchboard operator, I'm now primarily employed as the stay-at-home parent of a 2-year-old girl, which is far more challenging. I'm also a semi-amateur writer (I have received compensation for some of my work, but no direct financial compensation.)
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
My names Harrison, I live in Metro Detroit. I'm 15 and just finishing my freshman year of highschool. I play tennis on school team, and I like to read, play video games, hang out with friends, etc. And I absolutly love the atmosphere in these forums.
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SpaceAngel401
Member # 8158

- posted      Profile for SpaceAngel401   Email SpaceAngel401         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello! My name is Heather, I am 26 and I live in Ohio. I am a teacher DESPERATELY seeking a job LOL! I love the Ender books, Shadow series, the Homecoming series and the Tales of Alvin Maker. Since New Years Day of 2004, I have been keeping track of all the books I read, when I start and finish. I recently turned it into a spreadsheet.

I also enjoy writing, but seldom finish anything.

Posts: 9 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr. Evil
Member # 8095

quote:
Originally posted by Farmgirl:
Wow! 40 years old and just having your first child! You're going to have great middle-age years! *grin*

Farmgirl

Just wait until we have the second one! And everyone tells me I don't look 40, so maybe that helps.
Posts: 117 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mahabarata
Member # 7664

- posted      Profile for Mahabarata           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm 17 years old, I'm still studying, and lives in Sweden. Reads much and often. Likes writing things but have trouble finishing them.
Posts: 32 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Welcome to everyone new! Be sure to check out both sides of the forum to get to know everyone.

Heather -- what kind of teaching job are you looking for? Only in Ohio, or anywhere?

Dr. Evil - not looking 40 is one thing -- but the real question is, do you FEEL 40? [Wink]

Looks like we have lots of students at various places joining us this summer!

Farmgirl
(the 44-year-old mother of 3 teens)

Dr. Evil
Member # 8095

That is the thing, I am not sure what 40 is SUPPOSED to look or feel like. In my mind's eye, I am still 24 and I act 24 although when I play ice hockey now, I don't play any where near how I did was I was 24. [Big Grin]
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hat] Hello mahabarata
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Remnant
Member # 8129

- posted      Profile for Remnant           Edit/Delete Post 
Im new. My deeds will say more than description.
Posts: 14 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
That is the thing, I am not sure what 40 is SUPPOSED to look or feel like. In my mind's eye, I am still 24 and I act 24 although when I play ice hockey now, I don't play any where near how I did was I was 24.
Hockey's a great sport, eh? I'm sure missing the NHL...
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exploding Monkey
Member # 7612

- posted      Profile for Exploding Monkey   Email Exploding Monkey         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Farmgirl:
lots of newbies lately. I wonder what is brining them all in?

The Ender film methinks. News of it is slowly trickling into mainstream media. I’ve seen it mentioned here and there. IGN and Dark Horizons are two sites I can think of off hand.
Posts: 339 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jiminy
Member # 7917

- posted      Profile for Jiminy   Email Jiminy         Edit/Delete Post 
Aloha. I've been a casual lurker for a while, but a few days ago it occurred me to that my lurking is, like, not casual anymore. And so, it's time to start posting. My name is James, and I am awesome.
Posts: 88 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you just awesome, or are you teh awesome?
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jiminy
Member # 7917

- posted      Profile for Jiminy   Email Jiminy         Edit/Delete Post 
I am all kinds of awesome. Think of a kind of awesome. Are you doing that? Ok. I AM THAT KIND OF AWESOME.
Posts: 88 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude! I've never met somebody who was awesome plaid before. Cool!
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr. Evil
Member # 8095

quote:
Originally posted by Hamson:
quote:
That is the thing, I am not sure what 40 is SUPPOSED to look or feel like. In my mind's eye, I am still 24 and I act 24 although when I play ice hockey now, I don't play any where near how I did was I was 24.
Hockey's a great sport, eh? I'm sure missing the NHL...
Love hockey but I really think the NHL and the NHLPA are shooting themselves in the foot right now.
SpaceAngel401
Member # 8158

- posted      Profile for SpaceAngel401   Email SpaceAngel401         Edit/Delete Post 
Ohio would be best, Cleveland Ohio would be better than best but Cincy would be ok too....anywhere, really, but I have family in those places, I could stay with til I pay off these student-related debts and can afford to live on my own.

I would also consider Phoenix, AZ (again, family) but I would really prefer to stay here, if possible. (Although, anyone familiar with NE Ohio right now knows, it is possible, but not too probable).

SpaceAngel401
Member # 8158

I failed to mention that I am certified to teach PreK-3ed Grade.
teoivan
Member # 8049

- posted      Profile for teoivan   Email teoivan         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone. I'm Teodora Ivanova (the family name is just coincidence) from Bulgaria. I don't have much real time to wright/correspond but I'm so glad that there is web from OSC-likers. Nice to have you here [Hat] [Hat] [Hat]
Posts: 22 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Member # 8048

- posted      Profile for pink   Email pink         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all.
I'm Brandi. I'm 21, from Northwestern Ohio. I'm a college/nursing student. I'm a college volleyball player, who just happens to love OSC's work. I was lurking here for quite some time before I grew the guts to actually create an account and post.

Uhm, anything else you would like to know?

Posts: 11 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhtTigress
Member # 8123

- posted      Profile for WhtTigress   Email WhtTigress         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone,
I'm Rhiannon, I live in Cheyenne, Wyoming. I am 27, and I am a computer repair tech. I love reading all sorts of different books, but especially OSC.

Posts: 14 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Randy
Member # 8181

- posted      Profile for Randy   Email Randy         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello.

I'm an old science fiction fan, and a new and appreciative reader of Orson Scott Card.

I tried to read his work when I was young, but I guess I wasn't ready for it then.

Nice place you got here.

-Randy

Posts: 21 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saniya
Member # 7592

- posted      Profile for Saniya   Email Saniya         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello!!

I'm completely new here. I registered a while ago but haven't had the chance to do anything but lurk.

My name is Carly and I live in Frederick, Maryland. I'm 20 years old and I've been a fan of OSC for half of that time. I currently working full-time and saving to open my own business in Guatemala (The most beautiful country in the world!!).

I never thought it would be possible to be a bigger fan of OSC, but reading the posts from everyone here has done it. I hope to start posting here more if only to be able to get to know OSC and all of his readers better.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Delfeye
Member # 8199

- posted      Profile for Delfeye   Email Delfeye         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello

Name: Dan

Been lurking around Hatrack since '98 or '99, but just never saw the reason to post anything (hardly ever even read the forums.)

Read my first OSC in 1986.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr. Evil
Member # 8095

Katy, TX - home of Roger Clemens - and not opposite - just more advnaced you are! [Wink]
SpaceAngel401
Member # 8158

Lastnight I had a dream that OSC came through the McDonalds drive-thru, and knew who I was.
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

[Wave] delfeye, dr. evil, space angel

That is an odd dream indeed. It was probably better than those McDonald's commercials [Mad]

SpaceAngel401
Member # 8158

It was strange, but my dreams usually are.
Crocidillicus
Member # 7628

- posted      Profile for Crocidillicus   Email Crocidillicus         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi! I'm Erin, 17, been in cllege studying Graphic Design for two years.

None of my graphic designer friends read, so it's nice to get on these boards for a change and see whatever it is that everyone's been talking about.

Live in Seattle and, um, I loved OSC's "Enchantment".

Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacob Calder
Member # 7945

- posted      Profile for Jacob Calder           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi. I'm Jake 29 years old. I live outside Los Angeles, CA. I read Ender's Game when I was in high school and loved it. Recently I got back into the Ender books, listening to the audiobooks while commuting to work. I'm really hooked now.
rCX
Member # 8503

- posted      Profile for rCX           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I'm James Tiberius Kirk's (a user here, not to be confused with Captain Kirk of Star Trek [Smile] ) older brother. I'm currently in MD but I will be leaving for NY soon to go to college.
Posts: 164 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.